Choosing to install bi-fold doors in your house is one of the best decisions you can make for yourself. This is because bi-fold doors are something that are known to add more to the aesthetics of any place. If you are willing to renovate your house, clearly, there is nothing better than to add these doors as they play a major role in bringing in a good change. However, today we are not only going to tell you about the basic bi-fold doors but specifically about French bi fold doors. Let’s find out all that you need to know about these particular kind.
When you hear the term French bi-fold door, the name speaks for itself as to how they are known to bring in sophistication and class with them. When it comes to comparison between regular folding doors and French bi-fold doors, there is a massive difference between the both. The regular doors are known to be installed in different areas of the house whether internally or externally however, when it comes to French bi-bold doors, there isn’t much that can be done as they are known to be as patio doors.
However, keeping all that aside, something that makes these doors even better is the fact that they are known to be relatively at lower cost than that of other bi-folding doors or even sliding doors too.
Some of the other advantages of using such doors are as follows;
- Comparatively lower at cost as compared to other kinds of doors.
- Comes with a number of choices such as integral blinds, mid-rails, panels and glazing bars.
- Comes in a variety of colors as per your liking.
- Available in low threshold.
While we are talking about all the good stuff related to these doors, one must also be aware of the fact as to the areas which doesn’t make them ideal for some people. Let’s find out some of the disadvantages of these doors as well;
- Not many people desire to have them installed as compared to sliding or regular bi-folding doors.
- When opened, it stands projected outwards.
- When it is a windy weather, you might want to add a restrictor to avoid the to and fro of door movement.
So if you plan on considering getting a French bi-folding door for your house, it is best that you take into account all the pros and cons that come with it and then decide for yourself whether the decision to get one is suitable for you or not. Since doors are not an everyday thing to be purchased, you need to be careful on what you are getting.